When I hear statements like I made Udom Emmanuel who he is, Nobody knew him before he came into government.
1. Before becoming SSG in 2013, Governor Emmanuel was a Chartered Accountant by training, and a successful banker by profession.
He had over 25 years experience in Nigeria’s financial services sector, creating and managing wealth.
2. Without a godfather, he rose through the ranks
in one of Nigeria’s leading and most dynamic financial institutions, where he served with loyalty, dedication and integrity.
3. He exited Zenith Bank as Executive Director, Corporate Finance and Advisory Services with an unblemished record.
4. During his career at the bank, he handled at various times portfolios relating to research, strategy, financial controls, and
managed relationships in the telecoms, conglomerates, multilateral organisations and private banking.
5. He also had responsibility for the bank’s foreign subsidiaries -sitting on the boards of
(i) Zenith Bank UK,
(ii) Zenith Bank Gambia and
(iii) Zenith Bank Sierra Leone.
6. Within the Zenith Group, he also
served on the boards of
(i) Zenith Trustees,
(ii) Zenith Registrars,
(iii)Zenith Securities, as well as
(iv)Zenith Pensions and Custodians.
7. He was a Director of the African Finance Corporation (AFC) and the Nigerian Interbank Settlement Scheme (NIBBS).
8. He also had the benefit and privilege of training and exposure in some of the world’s best institutions for managerial and leadership training.
9. He studied Accountancy at the University of Lagos and graduated top of his class.
10. He is an alumnus of the following
(i) INSEAD France,
(ii) Columbia Business School, USA,
(iii) Wharton Business School, USA,
(iv) London Business School, UK and
(v) Harvard Business School, USA.
11. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria,
Fellow of the Institute of Financial Management, and Associate, Institute of Taxation of Nigeria.
12. Udom Emmanuel had been personal account officer and finance consultant for many of Nigeria’s richest men. He had been a licensed trader on the floor of the London Stock exchange and had by the license given him by the FSA been doing financial transactions in the United Kingdom.
13. Governor Udom Emmanuel was Branch Manager of the Lagos Central Branch of Zenith Bank as far back as 1996. That is 17 years before he was appointed SSG.
You can talk your politics, but don’t insult or run down a man who by God’s grace and his self improvement had made his mark a long time ago.